[pypy-dev] speed.pypy.org changes

Carl Friedrich Bolz cfbolz at gmx.de
Tue Apr 20 20:29:28 CEST 2010

Hi Miquel,

On 04/20/2010 07:14 PM, Miquel Torres wrote:
> Changes you may notice are geared towards easing the identification of
> the cause of performance changes:
> - Std deviation was added to the DB, overview table and timeline
> tooltips. This way we can rule out fluctuations in the measuring as a
> cause for a big change. It has to be pointed out though, that this is
> only as useful as the way the std dev is being computed. (there you go,
> Carl Friedrich ;-)

Yay, that's incredibly cool! Let's hope that eventually the graph
library supports errors too, so we can add them graphically. Anyway, I
already found some fun things about the benchmarks, so thanks a lot!
(e.g. the std dev of chaos is very large, which is not really a good thing)

> - SVN integration: Under the overview table, the commit logs starting
> after the last tested revision are shown. It should help quickly
> identify which commits should take the blame for a regression.

That's a very clever idea.

Cheers,

Carl Friedrich