[pypy-dev] JIT'ed function performance degrades

Hart's Antler bhartsho at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 03:25:02 CEST 2010

I am starting to learn how to use the JIT, and i'm confused why my function gets slower over time, twice as slow after running for a few minutes.  Using a virtualizable did speed up my code, but it still has the degrading performance problem.  I have yesterdays SVN and using 64bit with boehm.  I understand boehm is slower, but overall my JIT'ed function is many times slower than un-jitted, is this expected behavior from boehm?

code is here:
http://pastebin.com/9VGJHpNa