[pypy-dev] gpgpu and pypy

Jeff Anderson-Lee jonah at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Aug 20 23:28:14 CEST 2010

  On 8/20/2010 2:18 PM, Maciej Fijalkowski wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Jeff Anderson-Lee
> <jonah at eecs.berkeley.edu>  wrote:

>>> Python is a very different language than CUDA or openCL, hence it's
>>> not completely to map python's semantics to something that will make
>>> sense for GPU.
>> Try googling: copperhead cuda
>> Also look at:
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/copperhead/wiki/Installing
>>
> What's the point of posting here project which has not released any code?
1) He is packaging it up for release this month:
> Comment by bryan.catanzaro
> <http://code.google.com/u/bryan.catanzaro/>, Aug 05, 2010
>
> Before the end of August. I'm working on packaging it up right now. =)

2) Bryan's got a good head on his shoulders and has been working on this
problem or some time. Rather than (or at least before) starting off in a
completely new direction, its worth looking at something that has been
in the works for a while now and is attaining some maturity.
3) You are welcome to ignore it, but some folks might be interested, and
at least they now know it is there and where to look for more
information and forthcoming code.