[pypy-dev] gdbm and dbm merge - ctypes bug?

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 18:20:04 CET 2010

I'm finding that my gdbm module (based on ctypes) is infrequently (but
it might be consistent) giving gibberish when run on pypy 1.4, but not
when run on cpython 2.6 or cpython 3.1.

More specifically, sometimes the keys come up looking like undefined
memory.  The values associated with those keys always seem OK.

I believe I am comparing apples to apples - I'm using gdbm_ctypes with
the cpython's too, even though they come with a module for some doing
the same thing - for the sake of comparison.

Is there a known problem with pypy's ctypes?

The code is at http://stromberg.dnsalias.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gdbm-ctypes/trunk/?root=svn

The tests are at
http://stromberg.dnsalias.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/backshift/trunk/?root=svn
, and are a bit involved right now, but I could look into finding a
minimal code snippet that shows the same problem.