[pypy-dev] os.major? os.minor?

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Thu Dec 9 19:33:35 CET 2010

Hi,

Sorry for the series of mails.  I just wanted to add that after
looking more at the code, it's fine if you implement major() and
minor() the same way as the other posix functions (see e.g. r79941
adding os.fchdir()), calling the major() and minor() "functions" in C.
 If you add tests in the same places I did in r79941, then it should
work even if the functions are actually macros.  One place where it
would not work is in translated code running on the llinterp; the
other place might be the JIT trying to get the address of the
"function".  (If that's the case, we should fix that a bit more
generally.)