[pypy-dev] Migration to mercurial

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 00:02:57 CET 2010

Hi all,

finally, it's happening :-).
Thanks to Ronny's work, we are going to complete the migration to mercurial
very soon.

The pypy buildbot is already configured to pull from the bitbucket repository:
http://bitbucket.org/pypy/pypy

I have tried to run a test build, and it seems to work ok. We will see
tomorrow morning how the nightly runs went.

If everything goes right, tomorrow we will declare the hg repo as the
"official" one: the svn repo will be made read-only (as soon as armin does it
:-)), the mercurial one will be synchronized to include the latest svn
commits, and from that point everyone should start to commit to mercurial.  If
you don't have write access to the bitbucket repo, please ask me or anyone
else who is an admin.

A note for people working on active branches: before you can work on those,
you need to perform two simple manual steps, as detailed in this howto:
http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/extradoc/planning/hg-migration/active-branches-howto.txt

ciao,
Anto