[pypy-dev] [pypy-svn] pypy commit 7b8aa74da1fb: Handle output on standard error when invoking Mercurial.

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 23:49:32 CET 2010

On 14/12/10 20:28, Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen wrote:
> On 14 Dec 2010, at 20:01, Maciej Fijalkowski wrote:
>
>> This commit contains no tests whatsoever, it would be cooler if it did.
>
> Antonio kindly wrote a test for the functionality in an earlier changeset.
> Ironically, I broke it that change, but that's fixed now :)

anyway, maciek on the channel mentioned a way to test it without messing with
the hg repo: you can provide a custom hgexe script which returns whatever you
want.

Or even, restructure the code in a way that the running of the hg command is
decoupled by the parsing of its results, so that you can at least test the latter.

Sorry, I should have pointed this out when you asked me to review the patches,
but today I was fried and had thousands of things to look at :-/

ciao,
Anto