[pypy-dev] dlopen NotImplementedError

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Dec 22 23:41:27 CET 2010

On 09:54 pm, alex.gaynor at gmail.com wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Gary Robinson <garyrob at me.com> wrote:
>>Hmm, I'm thinking the dlopen error might be my problem. I think I
>>built
>>python at /root/pypy, and then moved it to a more proper location. But
>>the
>>error message is referring to /root/pypy, so I'm guessing it has that
>>location hardcoded because that's where I built it?
>>
>>I'm going to rebuild but I wanted to post this message so that you
>>guys
>>don't worry about it (unless rebuilding doesn't help).
>Nope, it's a known thing, anything trying to import ctypes on fast-
>forward
>blows up ATM.  If anyone knows what dlopen(None) is supposed to mean,
>can
>they let me know and I'll try to take a pass at fixing this?

 From the dlopen man page:

  If filename is NULL, then the returned handle is for the main program.

I imagine that's the case someone is trying to trigger with
ctypes.LoadLibrary(None) (which is what the name `dlopen` is bound to in
this context).  On the other hand, maybe it's just a screw up somewhere
else that causes None to show up instead of the right library name, I
haven't looked at the code in question much.

Jean-Paul