[pypy-dev] Modeling attributes in the annotator

Nick Bray ncbray at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 21:36:39 CET 2010

I'm doing a lit review on Python analysis techniques.  Right now I'm
trying to understand how PyPy's annotator models object attributes.
Are the descriptions on the web page accurate?  There are two corner
cases that I do not understand how the annotator, as described, deals
with.

1)
o.f = 1

2) Any attribute lookup involving a descriptor that is not a function object.

I realize the annotator is only intended to work for RPython. Given
the information I have, however, I do not see what restrictions in
RPython would disallow these cases.  ("They just are" is an acceptable
answer, I just want to make sure I'm not being particularly dense and
missing something.)