[pypy-dev] new speed.pypy.org site?

Miquel Torres tobami at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 26 19:24:51 CET 2010

I have commited a bunch of changes:

- Added cpython baseline to timeline
- Changed timeline defaults to both interpreters selected (plus baseline)
- Performance improvements in Timeline's ajax: due to above changes, I
worried that for a lot of interpreters selected the queries could be
too slow. Even though it is known that Premature optimization is the
root of all evil (tm), I had a look and optimized django database
calls a little bit (or more precisely made my implementation suck
less). So instead of nearly 200 ms per interpreter, it now takes less
than 100ms (measured locally, add >100ms for network latency). Plot
rerendering should feel faster now. I find it interesting how quick
django is. Sometimes you may even forget that the data is being pulled
from the server each time a different plot is selected.
- Timeline: Added labels for the axes
- pypy-c-jit appears now listed first
- Added tooltips for Host info and for some benchmarks. Copied the
descriptions for the benchmarks listed at the unladen site.

Cheers,
Miquel