[pypy-dev] Interpreter level array implementation

Hakan Ardo hakan at debian.org
Sat Jul 3 08:14:00 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 11:21 PM, Maciej Fijalkowski <fijall at gmail.com> wrote:
> General note - we consider 2x optimized C a pretty good result :) Details below

As do I :) I just want  to make this as jit-friendly as possible
without rely knowing what's jit-friendly...

> Yes. We don't do loop invariant optimizations for some reasons, the
> best of it being the fact that to loop you can always add a bridge
> which will invalidate this invariant.

Are you telling me that you probably never will include that kind of
optimization because of the limitations it imposes on other parts of
the jit or just that it would be a lot of work to get it in place?

What is a bridge?

--
Håkan Ardö