[pypy-dev] Interpreter level array implementation

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sat Jul 3 09:28:14 CEST 2010

Hi Paolo,

On Sat, Jul 03, 2010 at 08:58:34AM +0200, Paolo Giarrusso wrote:
> Isn't there some existing research about that in the 'tracing'
> community?  (...)   Not sure
> whether they do it also for Javascript, since there compilation times
> have to be very fast, but I guess they did so in their Java compiler.

We are not very good at mentioning existing research, but at least for
the case of tracing JITs I think we know pretty much everything
published, which you might find by googling for tracing JIT.  (It's
always a better approach than doing "guesses" in an unrelated project's
mailing list.)

For how PyPy's tracing JIT compares to existing approaches, there is a
PyPy paper at:

As well as the start of a draft about virtuals at:

And you should not miss Benjamin's great summary at:

A bientot,