[pypy-dev] Interpreter level array implementation

Paolo Giarrusso p.giarrusso at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 10:14:34 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 09:28, Armin Rigo <arigo at tunes.org> wrote:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> On Sat, Jul 03, 2010 at 08:58:34AM +0200, Paolo Giarrusso wrote:
>> Isn't there some existing research about that in the 'tracing'
>> community?  (...)   Not sure
>> whether they do it also for Javascript, since there compilation times
>> have to be very fast, but I guess they did so in their Java compiler.
>
> We are not very good at mentioning existing research, but at least for
> the case of tracing JITs I think we know pretty much everything
> published, which you might find by googling for tracing JIT.  (It's
> always a better approach than doing "guesses" in an unrelated project's
> mailing list.)

If you had read the next sentence you'd have found out that I did read
some papers about that (where I learned about trace trees). My guess
was just about whether their Java compiler used trace trees or the
other possibility, i.e., trace stitching (as I now learned).

But thanks for the references, I'll have a look later.
--
Paolo Giarrusso - Ph.D. Student
http://www.informatik.uni-marburg.de/~pgiarrusso/