[pypy-dev] array performace?

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 21:23:32 CEST 2010

On 03/07/10 19:22, Paolo Giarrusso wrote:
> I had 3 colleague students who implemented, for instance, a
> Python-to-JVM bytecode compiler which was way faster than Jython.
> Which was the trick?
[cut]

I'm ready to bet that they did not implement a Python compiler, but a
simil-Python language that implements 80/90/95% of Python features.  The web
is full of projects like this.

I'm not saying that the techniques used for that project are not worth of
attention, just that probably "the trick" was not to support the features of
Python that are hardest to implement efficiently.

ciao,
Anto