[pypy-dev] Would the following shared memory model be possible?

Kevin Ar18 kevinar18 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 29 04:07:57 CEST 2010

> Honestly, that sounds really difficult, out and out removing the GIL
> would probably be easier.
Based on the extremely limited info on the GIL, the big issue I noticed were two pieces of code trying to modify the same object at the same time because of the way they are stored internally in Python and because of garbage collection.
I figured, if you have special objects that cannot be simultaneously accessed that maybe that would be possible.