[pypy-dev] [pypy-svn] r74976 - in pypy/branch/sys-prefix: lib/pypy1.2/lib_pypy/ctypes_config_cache pypy/interpreter/test pypy/rlib pypy/tool pypy/tool/test pypy/translator/goal pypy/translator/sandbox

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 10:05:22 CEST 2010

On 01/06/10 06:00, Maciej Fijalkowski wrote:
> A bit about directory structure:

I think I have explained everything in my original email to pypy-dev:

> Can you explain to me a bit?
> What's in lib except pypy1.2?

nothing. It really plays the same role as /usr/lib. We need it because in this
way we can have sys.prefix == '/path/to/pypy-trunk' and still have the lib in
join(sys.prefix, 'lib', 'pypy%d.%d')

> Why pypy1.2? Do we have any reason?

yes. When we install pypy system wide, we really want to have a version number
in the directory that contains the stdlib; also, it is consistent with
cpython, which puts it into e.g. /usr/lib/python2.6

> Do we ever need to keep more than one?

no. We will rename it every time we do a new release.

> What's in pypy1.2 except lib_pypy?

there will be also lib-python, although I've not moved it yet.