[pypy-dev] recent speed results

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Thu May 6 13:05:50 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 07:59:17PM -0600, Maciej Fijalkowski wrote:
> Anyone has any clue where recent noise comes from? I could not
> pinpoint any single revision.

That really looks like some external factor, e.g. the machine is
overloaded.  Maybe we should move benchmarking to tannit.  It would mean
that the results cannot be followed across the move, but at least tannit
is a non-virtual machine on which we can ensure some consistent total
usage.

The drawback of picking tannit is that it's unclear what will occur to
it after the end of the current funding period.  Other choices have
other drawbacks -- e.g. wyvern is old (and not representative of today's
performance) and might die unexpectedly any year now.

A bientot,

Armin.