[pypy-dev] [pypy-svn] r74850 - in pypy/branch/sys-prefix/lib: . pypy1.2 pypy1.2/lib_pypy pypy1.2/lib_pypy/app_test pypy1.2/lib_pypy/ctypes_config_cache pypy1.2/lib_pypy/test2

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Sun May 30 12:25:07 CEST 2010

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 12:16 +0200, Armin Rigo wrote:
> Hi Holger,
>
> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 10:25:21PM +0200, holger krekel wrote:
> > makes sense to me.  e.g. pypy/lang would probably not need to access anything
> > outside such a pypy tree, for example, or am i mistaken?
>
> I guess you missed the fact that pypy/lang was moved away from the pypy
> trunk altogether.

sure, it is svn/pypy/lang as opposed to svn/pypy/trunk - it was actually
my point, see the other mail :)

> Apart from that, you are right: one point of view
> would be to move pypy/module into /svn/pypy/lang/pypy or something like
> that.  In practice I don't really see the point to increase confusion to
> that level :-/

Sure, I don't see the need for such an extreme - would complicate working for most
people involved with PyPy at the moment.  However, going for separating things
incrementally if there are other supporting reasons (in this case making
sys.prefix work inline in a checkout) makes sense to me.

best,
holger