[pypy-dev] Advice on Compiling Pypy-c for debugging (Stackless support)

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 15:39:11 CET 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Andrew Francis <andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I finally got my hands on a machine big enough to compile pypy-c. I want to try pypy-c with the greenlet package. As I mentioned in previous posts, I want to see how the greenlet package blows up pypy-c and hope that it is a case of simply altering greenlets enough so it will work.
>
> I did a test run with -Ojit. It still took about 90 minutes to compile on a Mac with 4G of ram. That said, what would be the right switches to create a version can be placed in a debugger? Where does the C code go - or would this code even be useful. Any suggestions to speed up the process.

One way to speed up is to use nightly builds
(http://buildbot.pypy.org/nightly/trunk/) :)

I still can't see how the greenlet for cpython could possibly work on
pypy. If you are talking about
http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/stackless.html#greenlets then
I think the "only" problem is that it doesn't work with the jit right?

--
Leonardo Santagada