[pypy-dev] gdbm

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 13:17:34 CET 2010

Hi Dan,
first: thanks for your help :-)

On 16/11/10 03:17, Dan Stromberg wrote:

> Yes, the dbm module in pypy is basically like the bsddb module in cpython.
>
> cpython includes modules for bsddb, gdbm, and more.
>
> I tend to prefer gdbm over bsddb, because I've seen bsddb databases get
> corrupt too many times - EG, when a filesystem overflows.  bsddb might be a
> little faster though; I've never compared their performance.

So, if I understand correctly you are saying that we should rename our dbm.py
to bsdb.py, and write a new dbm.py which can use either bsdb or gdbm?
Sounds fine, do you feel like implementing it? :-)

Moreover, I also agree with amaury that your code is very similar to the one
in the current dbm.py, so we should maybe try to refactor things to share
common parts between the twos.

ciao,
Anto