[pypy-dev] [pypy-svn] r79382 - pypy/trunk/pypy/config

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Nov 24 01:19:42 CET 2010

On 23 Nov, 08:31 pm, fijall at gmail.com wrote:
>On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 6:52 PM, Armin Rigo <arigo at tunes.org> wrote:>
>Hi Anto,

>>>Not sure it's a good idea. It's useful to see the statistics at the
>>>end of the
>>>run.  I know that you can turn it on explicitly, but it's easy to
>>>forget.
>>>
>>>What about having an env variable that automatically turns jit debug
>>>on?
>>
>>I guess it should just be another log category, like "jit-summary".
>>Then you can get the effect you want by setting (in the shell) PYPYLOG
>>to "jit-summary:-".
>
>This or an env variable. I find it really disruptive for everyday
>usage. Like py.test -k test_<tab> displaying jit log is not exactly
>what I want. You can turn it on, put an alias or log it somewhere.

It also breaks Twisted unit tests, which spawn sys.executable as a child
and then inspect output in various ways.  It would be nice to be able to
support the jit-summary-by-default behavior, but that probably involves
adding something like a `sys.executablev` list that contains the
executable and extra arguments to pass to the executable, so that the
summary can *really* be turned off.

Jean-Paul