[pypy-dev] double trouble with JIT

Carl Friedrich Bolz cfbolz at gmx.de
Mon Nov 29 14:50:59 CET 2010

Hi Wim,

On 11/29/2010 02:17 PM, wlavrijsen at lbl.gov wrote:
>> Could you check in a test that shows the behaviour so that I can
>> reproduce that? It is definitely possible that there is a bug in one of
>> the layers that has nothing to do with cppyy.
>
> simply run:
>
> $ cd pypy/module/cppyy/test
> $ pypy-c-jit ../../../test_all.py -x test_cppyy.py
>
> You may have to run it a few times to get the exception, rather than any of
> the other errors.

Given that we are not running PyPy's test suite on PyPy nightly
currently, I think it would be safer to keep running the tests on top of
CPython. Running the tests needs ctypes, and I don't quite trust PyPy's
implementation of that yet (there are even known bugs that have not been
fixed on trunk but only on a branch).

You should still be able to use pypy-c-jit for translation, because for
translation (and after translation) you won't need ctypes that much.

Cheers,

Carl Friedrich