[pypy-dev] Question on the future of RPython

Saravanan Shanmugham sarvi at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 10:18:43 CEST 2010

I have researched these projects quite extensively.
Quite similar beasts as far as I can tell.

Cython/Pyrex used to write python extensions. They use statically typed variants
of Python which gets compiled into C which can then be compiled.

Shedskin is slightly more general purpose Restricted Python to C++ compiler.

PyPy as I understand can convert RPython into C code

Am I missing something here?

Sarvi