[pypy-dev] Question on the future of RPython

Saravanan Shanmugham sarvi at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 21:06:14 CEST 2010

Stefan,
    If I were to go with my impressions, based on you being the lead developer
of Cython, I could have claimed you have an ulterior motive on this thread.
But then I didn't because, inspite of first impressions/scepticism I believe we
are all here with a genuine interest to improve the Python environment and get
more visibiity and momentum on PyPy. Personally I cant wait to see PyPy become
the default Python. :-)

Lets start with an understanding that we are all smart people with good ideas
and lets also not get too cocky enough to think we have all the answers.

I saw some genuine synergies that I was calling out.

And I have heard some pragmatic arguments from others though no one has
necessarily claimed logical impossibility on why this may not work.
And I can understand that.

Sarvi