[pypy-dev] Question on the future of RPython

Paolo Giarrusso p.giarrusso at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 02:15:47 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 21:06, Saravanan Shanmugham <sarvi at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Stefan,
>    If I were to go with my impressions, based on you being the lead developer
> of Cython, I could have claimed you have an ulterior motive on this thread.

> But then I didn't because, inspite of first impressions/scepticism I believe we
> are all here with a genuine interest to improve the Python environment

While you didn't initiate the flame, I think that's totally
inappropriate, and I can say so even without knowing Stefan.
You wrote:
> Lets not be a little presumptious shall we.
Well, rereading previous comments it is clear that:
a) you don't know well some basics of virtual machines which have been explained
Which is fine, but then you shouldn't consider yourself a peer to
developers of these projects. And you shouldn't claim you have done
proper research if you just used the projects.
You are welcome to be curious, but with such a comment you are the
presumptuous one.
Note that I already remarked that Stefan's comment was not appropriate in style.

b) your email client _is_ crappy, given the way you reply inline (I
was mentioning crappy clients in my previous email).
Socially speaking, in an Open Source community, not using a decent
email client can look as bad as dressing very very wrong. I'm not so
picky, but it does mean you're not a hacker.

Note I'm not a developer of PyPy, and I don't claim being an expert,
but I have some technical knowledge of its documentation about
internals and of some literature, and some small experience with a
Python implementation.

Best regards
--
Paolo Giarrusso - Ph.D. Student