[pypy-dev] Question on the future of RPython

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sat Sep 4 11:03:24 CEST 2010

Hi,

Can we please close this thread?  The basic answer you will get from
anybody that actually worked at least a bit with PyPy is that all your
discussions are moving air around and nothing else.

There is no one working with PyPy that is interested in using RPython
for the purpose of compiling some RPython programs to C code
statically (except interpreters).  If anyone is really interested in
this topic he can (again) give it a try.  He would get some help from
us, i.e. the rest of the PyPy team, but it would be a fork for now.  I
say "again" because there are some previous attempts at doing that,
which all failed.  As long as no such project exists and is successful
-- and I have some doubts about it -- I will not believe in the nice
(and, to me, completely bogus) claims made on this thread, like "let's
bring RPython and Shedskin together".

A bientot,