[pypy-dev] External RPython mailing list

Saravanan Shanmugham sarvi at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 01:36:07 CEST 2010

I believe Hart's Antler has done quite bit of work in RPython.

Yeah, that said, more work to do there.

My goal with my RPython thread, is that I believe that there is an implicitly
static subset of Python that can be compiled into standalone executables and
DLLs without needing JIT or VMs.
Can serve 2 purposes.
   1. Make standalone executables just like C/C++ code.
   2. Write Python Extension modules that can be compiled into shared DLL
modules for CPython and PyPy

Looking through the various threads on PyPy, Shedskin and Cython, I believe its
just a matter of time.

Sarvi