[pypy-dev] Readiness of asmgcc for x86_64 linux?

Gary Robinson garyrob at me.com
Fri Sep 24 19:16:01 CEST 2010

> I will certainly give up before this delay.
> At the moment, 1/3 of the files in the test suite pass without error,
> they were zero yesterday.
> We need volunteers to help us and implement the failing/missing parts!

0 to 1/3 is big progress. Sounds to me like the <6 mo time frame might be the right one.

I unfortunately can't contribute code/patches at this point (I don't have the time-freedom or competence in JIT's or C++ to try), but when you have 64-bit code that supports the multiprocessing module ready for end-user testing, I'll be eager to install it and try it against my code, and of course I'll let you know of any problems. Sounds like it's not quite there yet, but I'll continue to follow developments. Perhaps popping up here sometimes to ask again about progress. I'm excited about the work on 64-bit and multiprocessing...

Best,
Gary

--

Gary Robinson