[pypy-dev] PyPy JIT & C extensions, greenlet

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 23:39:55 CEST 2010

Hi Maciej:

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 14:23:14 +0200
From: Maciej Fijalkowski <fijall at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [pypy-dev] PyPy JIT & C extensions, greenlet
To: "Ian P. Cooke" <ipc at srand.net>
Cc: pypy-dev at codespeak.net

>greenlet C module is quite incompatible with pypy and won't work.
>However making pypy work with jit and stackless is something that
>requires a bit of work only (teaching jit how to unroll the stack
>mostly) and I plan to look into it in the very near future.

I talked briefly with Armin at EuroPython about Stackless and JIT.
I poke around pypy-dev and use stackless.py. However I am very interested
in learning about how the stackless transform works and how pypy works so
I could help. I have been at Stackless for about five years now and I wouldn't mind spending a year learning pypy.

Cheers,
Andrew