[pypy-dev] PyPy in the benchmarks game - yes or no?

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 20:39:33 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 8:30 PM, Isaac Gouy <igouy2 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Fri, 4/8/11, Maciej Fijalkowski <fijall at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > The benchmarks game web pages now only show one
>> language implementation for each programming language.
>> >
>> > Java -Xint, Tracemonkey JavaScript, LuaJIT, CPython,
>> Iron Python, PyPy, Ruby 1.8.7 and JRuby 1.6 are no longer
>> shown.
>> >

>> As I understand this is CPython 3.2 for Python right?
>
> CPython 2.7 is no longer shown - 3.2 is still shown.
>

>> anyway, what's the point of the above discussion then?
>
> The point of the discussion was to hear the views of pypy-dev, and I have.

I guess a lot of discussions are about getting some sort of consensus.
I see this one is so you can know what we think and that's it. Well,
that comes as a bit of surprise. I think it's super stupid to remove
Tracemonkey, LuaJIT and PyPy from it, but that's as you pointed out
*your* website. On the other hand it's good, because people won't cite
the computer language shootout anymore and those benchmarks are more
silly than they have to be. Farewell.