[pypy-dev] rlib parsing

Carl Friedrich Bolz cfbolz at gmx.de
Wed Apr 20 11:33:02 CEST 2011

On 04/20/2011 12:51 AM, Ian Overgard wrote:
> Thanks, that definitely helped. I forgot you could run arbitrary python
> before the entry point.
>
> I've got it parsing now, but the one issue I'm still running into is
> that the syntax tree that comes back has a lot of junk nodes. The
> ToAST.transform function will clean them up, but it seems to be
> not-rpython, and I don't think there's any way I can call it before the
> entry point (since it's processing the ast, not the grammar).
>
> Is that class just hopeless? Or is there some way I can annotate it
> myself in the code? (

You could take a look at the test test_translate_ast_visitor in
rlib/parsing/test/test_translate.py. It does what you need to do by
explicitly calling visit_[initial rule] on the AST visitor. I tried to
replace that with a call to transform and it still worked. So I don't
know what you are doing differently from that test.

Carl Friedrich