[pypy-dev] Testing pypy

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Wed Aug 10 13:49:03 CEST 2011

Hi Seung,

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Seung Soo, <sungsuha at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway I'd like to know if there is any single way to test both
> python and pypy(2.7), where the results should be the same.

We use our own custom runner, which you run differently than
CPython's.  Well, you can also try running "python -m test.regrtest"
and "pypy -m test.regrtest", which works in both cases -- or at least
"almost works" on top of PyPy.  The issue is that this will try to run
all CPython tests, including the few ones that we normally skip; in
particular there is test_capi that tests the C API, which is not
complete on top of PyPy yet, so you get a fatal AssertionError.