[pypy-dev] Stacklets

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Thu Aug 11 10:59:52 CEST 2011

Re-hi,

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Armin Rigo <arigo at tunes.org> wrote:
> I suppose this is already well-known, but I couldn't find an obvious reference.

Ah, I think it's what you get if you assume that your language has
callcc but no exceptions, and explicitly implement exceptions on top
of callcc.  At every call you would pass an extra argument, which is
the continuation to switch to in case of an exception.  It usually
just comes from the parent, but is changed in situations where we'd do
a "try:".  I need to check that (theoretically) doing this would give
the exact same behavior as what I'm writing right now to support
(real) exceptions with continuations.