[pypy-dev] List index out of range for many tests

Mitchell Hashimoto mitchell.hashimoto at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 09:40:17 CEST 2011

Hello,

I'm taking a look at some failing tests in the buildbot and trying to mirror
them here on my local machine, but the tests are giving me the following
error:

  File "/Users/mitchellh/code/3rdparty/python/pypy/pypy/interpreter/pyframe.py",
line 193, in pushvalue

    self.locals_stack_w[depth] = w_object
IndexError: list assignment index out of range

The full stack trace: https://gist.github.com/e458477a6c60c3d15b9c

And the command I'm running: pypy> CC=gcc python pytest.py -s
lib-python/2.7/test/test_distutils.py

I'm running "pytest.py" with CPython 2.7.1 although the same result occurs
when I try with PyPy 1.6.0.

I know there must be something wrong on my system since the buildbot sees
something completely different. Can someone please point me in the right
direction?

Thanks,
Mitchell