[pypy-dev] pypy1.6 slow on string-heavy ops

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sat Aug 20 11:43:54 CEST 2011

Hi Andy,

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 5:48 PM, Andy <angelflow at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I remember reading in this list that PyPy-JIT would not work with greenlet
> because of how greentlet manipulated the C stack and there wasn't any easy solution.

No, I think you are confusing two topics.  The existing Stackless
PyPy, which does no C stack manipulation, doesn't work with the JIT
without a lot of careful work.  This solution is deprecated now.  The
new solution, which does C stack manipulation, works with the JIT out
of the box.  Both solutions are "implementation details" only; you get
the same tasklet/greenlet API to work with.

> So will PyPy JIT work with gevent which is based on libevent (and soon to be
> libev)? Any target release date?

Yes.  The next release is likely to be 1.6.1 soonish.