[pypy-dev] How to test code in pypy.rpython?

Mitchell Hashimoto mitchell.hashimoto at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 07:02:38 CEST 2011

Hello!

I've been working on some 'os' standard library methods, which requires some
interp-level code in pypy.rpython.module.ll_os.

I noticed that while in the "py.py" interpreter that the methods I've been
adding to "os" have been using CPython's library. I've written unit tests
which appear to actually test the ll_os code and it seems to work, and I can
also always drop back into the interp-level repl and do a
"extregistry.lookup(fn).lltypeimpl" trick to get the method and it seems to
work there as well.

But it would still be great to see the whole thing work without having to
translate all of PyPy. Is this possible?

I've tried "py.py --nofaking" and that doesn't work either for what I'm
doing.

Thanks,
Mitchell