[pypy-dev] Moving the project forward

Miquel Torres tobami at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 31 20:34:49 CEST 2011

Hi all,

though I took up on the task of installing a Codespeed instance
myself, I didn't have time until now. This weekend I will definitely
have  a *lot* of time to work on this, so count on that task being
done by then.

The bitbucket issue tracker is a start (though a organization account
would be better) and the splash page is great. So let's get started
organizing things.

Regarding the deployment strategy, it turns out I use Chef at work, so
I am in full agreement with Noah here (yey!). Actually, I am the
author of LittleChef (which we can use as a tool to execute Chef on
the node).

So, Configuration Management. I would propose that Noah starts the
repo with the Chef cookbooks (preferably a complete LittleChef
kitchen, but that is not a must :), and gets the main recipes (apache,
django) going, while I create a cookbook for Codespeed. What do you
think?

The benchmark runner question is still open. We need to clarify that.
Use the pypy runner? Tennessee's work?

Regarding repositories and issues, we could maybe have a "speed"
organization account (not sure on Bitbucket, you can do that in
Github), where we have a wiki, issues, and runner + config management
repo + other stuff.

Cheers,
Miquel