[pypy-dev] Could someone give me an idea of what is where with RPython?
alexgolecmailinglists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 22:19:18 CET 2011
I have the following conception of the RPython toolchain:
- RPython translator is written in RPython, meaning it can be interpreted by CPython, and then run as a standalone executable once translated
- The translator runs the standard interpreter on the input program.
- The input program has some marker to say 'alright, I'm initialized, begin translating,' at which point execution stops and RPython starts
- RPython kicks in, performs flow object space analysis on the initialized code objects.
- Type annotation occurs based on the initialized types
- The annotated code is passed down to the backend-facing code generator
Is this correct? Do I have a correct basic understanding of what happens where?
More information about the pypy-dev