[pypy-dev] New sandbox failure: pypy__float2longlong

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Fri Dec 16 05:15:48 CET 2011

I updated my sandbox work to yesterday's tip, and now I cannot import a
number of stdlib modules that used to work fine:

    ~/pypy> ./pypy/translator/sandbox/pypy_interact.py -q --heapsize=64m
    pypy-c
    Warning: cannot find your CPU L2 cache size in /proc/cpuinfo
    'import site' failed
    Python 2.7.1 (7d73e99929bb, Dec 14 2011, 02:24:28)
    [PyPy 1.7.1-dev0 with GCC 4.6.1] on linux2
    And now for something completely different: ``Du wirst eben genau das
    erreichen, woran keiner glaubt''
    Not Implemented: sandboxing for external function 'pypy__float2longlong'
    Traceback (most recent call last):
       File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
    RuntimeError

The modules I've found that cannot be imported are copy, random, and
struct.  Of course many other modules use those, so lots of stuff has
stopped working (json being the important one in my case).  Can someone
give me clues?

(PS: the -q switch to pypy_interact is in my nedbat-sandbox-2 branch, it
just suppresses all the logging.)

--Ned.