[pypy-dev] Leysin Winter Sprint

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Tue Dec 27 18:05:57 CET 2011

         PyPy Leysin Winter Sprint (15-22nd January 2012)

The next PyPy sprint will be in Leysin, Switzerland, for the
eighth time.  This is a fully public sprint: newcomers and topics
other than those proposed below are welcome.

Goals and topics of the sprint

* Py3k: work towards supporting Python 3 in PyPy

* NumPyPy: work towards supporting the numpy module in PyPy

* JIT backends: integrate tests for ARM; look at the PowerPC 64;
  maybe try again to write an LLVM- or GCC-based one

* STM and STM-related topics; or the Concurrent Mark-n-Sweep GC

* And as usual, the main side goal is to have fun in winter sports :-)
  We can take a day off for ski.

Exact times

The work days should be 15-21 January 2011 (Sunday-Saturday).  The
official plans are for people to arrive on the 14th or the 15th, and to
leave on the 22nd.

Location & Accomodation

Leysin, Switzerland, "same place as before".  Let me refresh your
memory: both the sprint venue and the lodging will be in a very spacious
pair of chalets built specifically for bed & breakfast:
http://www.ermina.ch/.  The place has a good ADSL Internet connexion
with wireless installed.  You can of course arrange your own
lodging anywhere (as long as you are in Leysin, you cannot be more than a
15 minutes walk away from the sprint venue), but I definitely recommend
lodging there too -- you won't find a better view anywhere else (though you
probably won't get much worse ones easily, either :-)

Please *confirm* that you are coming so that we can adjust the reservations
as appropriate.  The rate so far has been around 60 CHF a night all included
in 2-person rooms, with breakfast.  There are larger rooms too (less
expensive) and maybe the possibility to get a single room if you really want

Please register by Mercurial::

or on the pypy-dev mailing list if you do not yet have check-in rights:

You need a Swiss-to-(insert country here) power adapter.  There will be
some Swiss-to-EU adapters around -- bring a EU-format power strip if you
have one.