[pypy-dev] testing floating point

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 00:42:09 CET 2011

2011/2/3 Paolo Giarrusso <pgiarrusso at mathematik.uni-marburg.de>:
>> It seems that every function in the math module releases the GIL.
> Does that module live in pypy/module/math/? Reading the source doesn't
> show obvious interactions with the GIL, so I guess that for many other
> modules the GIL is released automatically, potentially even for other
> fast functions.

Fortunately, I was wrong, sorry. The functions of the math module
don't release the GIL.

The low-level operations are in pypy/rpython/lltypesystem/module/ll_math.py,
all functions are marked with "sandboxsafe=True" which, according to a
comment in rffi.py, ensures that the GIL won't be released.

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc