[pypy-dev] google should build a pypy phone or someone

René Dudfield renesd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 15:16:25 CET 2011

Hi,

a pypy phone would be lovely :)  Especially if it could take advantage
of the graphics processor (OpenGL ES2 shader language), and the
programmable DSP chips (eg OMAP3).

btw, python runs on nokia phones (with nokia supplied python, s60 and
mamaeo/meego), windows CE phones/pocket pcs, android (see recent
pygame android release), and even apple phones (it used to be
technically banned from app store, but has run on i* for a long time.

I guess the main "python platform" is OLPC, which is still quite interesting.

ps. )