[pypy-dev] further pypy repo migrations

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Thu Feb 17 15:23:06 CET 2011

hi all,

i'd like to continue consolidation of PyPy repositories (and more generally
pypy services but that in a separate mail).

Thanks to Ronny Pfannschmidt, sponsorship from merlinux (my company), and work
from Armin, Anto and others the main PyPy development repository has been
migrated to mercurial on Bitbucket.  Btw, we just asked and Bitbucket nicely
upgraded the PyPy project account to become an unlimited one, thanks!

Now we still have some more repositories on codespeak svn.  One is "extradoc"
which contains a lot of talk, sprint, misc infos and the "pypy.org" website
content.  We can either move this wholesale to an "extradoc" one on bitbucket or
split it maybe into "pypy.org" and "extradoc".  Note that the old codespeak.net
subversion URLs will remain valid for quite some time so any cleanup/removal of
dirs should better happen in the new mercurial repo.

Another repo is "pypy-z", maybe not known to most.  It is a repository where
core project members keep information about more internal bits, like our
previous contracts with Google, the European Union and some un-named entities
(ask your favourite PSU representative for more info).  I suggest we move this
to become a "private" mercurial repo on bitbucket.

Any more pypy related repositories that need migration
or any notes/comments?

best
holger