[pypy-dev] implementing the additional repo migrations

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sat Feb 26 13:03:15 CET 2011

Hi Laura,

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se> wrote:
> I don't care about the old versions of binary files.

That was the only thing we talked about -- as far as I understood, it
was never suggested that we should stop tracking revisions of .txt or
.tex files.  I don't know the BigfilesExtension either, but it looks
to me like we can achieve some more precise result manually.
Something along the lines of: the .pdf's built from .tex's are not
checked in, but they are in some standardized place on
http://pypy.org, where we can fetch them, update them (via ssh), or
point people to (via their url).  This can be easily done with a
script independent from Mercurial.  (The point is of course that
tracking revisions is a bit useless, because we can always go back in
time and re-run latex2pdf.)

Well, this was my 2 cents to this discussion, but maybe Ronny is just
worrying too much.  I don't think we care that much about saving space
or transfer time.  It's anyway not like everybody on the planet should
download our extradoc repository.