[pypy-dev] "OSError: [Errno 10] No child processes"

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Thu Jan 13 13:12:42 CET 2011

Hi Amaury,

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 2:49 AM, Paolo Giarrusso <p.giarrusso at gmail.com> wrote:
> I propose that PyPy keeps reporting the error for files opened in any
> write mode

I would also think that it's better to keep reporting errors (and for
all files instead of just write mode files).  In my opinion, it would,
if nothing else, give users the message: "we got an error when
close()ing this file automatically, but you should really close it
explicitly yourself in the first place".  Maybe it can even be written
in that sense in the error message.