[pypy-dev] rPython

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 16:15:40 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Eva Maia <eva_maia at sapo.pt> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It is possible through the PyPy toolchain check if a program is a
> rPython program?
>
> I know the tool Pylint (RPylint) gives an idea, but it seems to me that
> this tool gives some errors that result from being a little outdated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eva Maia.

Hi.

This tool is completely broken. Primary reason is that this tool
operates on the level of source code, while RPython operates on live
python objects and that's a huge difference. That said, I don't think
there is any other way of finding what's RPython without compiling it.
In fact, RPython is defined as a thing that can be accepted by our
translation toolchain :-)

PS. Why you want to write RPython in the first place?

Cheers,
fijal