[pypy-dev] Argparser in RPython

Samuel Ytterbrink neppord at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 19:53:36 CEST 2011

Hi very one!

I'm doing some planing on writing a option/arg parser in RPython to add to
the rlib. How ever I'm verry new to RPython. I would appreciate all input on
how i should approach the task a head.

Does people think that there is a BIG benefit to implement a dropin
replacement for either the argparser from stdlib or the optparser from
stdlib.

Or should i look at the pypy app-level implementation and try to write
something that is( simpler) and follow its criteria.

At the moment i don't have nice work enviroment( waiting for a new computer)
so i cant realy try out the nice translatorshell and all it's test code. But
when i get it I'll start hacking of. In the meantime ill do research and
some planing.

I'm hoping to use the rlib parsing tool just for the benefit of one more
project using it and by that have more code for people to look at for
exampples to the parsing lib. Is this overkill?

--
//Samuel (Neppord) Ytterbrink