[pypy-dev] Benchmarks

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 01:29:30 CEST 2011

On 12/07/11 01:20, Maciej Fijalkowski wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm a bit worried with our current benchmarks state. We have around 4
> benchmarks that had reasonable slowdowns recently and we keep putting
> new features that speed up other things. How can we even say we have
> actually fixed the original issue? Can we have a policy of not merging
> new performance features before having a story why benchmarks got
> slower?

I think we really need to have support for branches on codespeed. Then, we can
have a policy that a branch can be merged only if none of the benchmarks slows
down.

I heard that someone is working on it, but nothing concrete AFAIK, so I'm
considering to do the work by myself (although I would prefer to work on
something more in the core :-/)

ciao,
Anto