[pypy-dev] JIT for scripts

Alex Şuhan alex.suhan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 17:06:14 CEST 2011

On 06/01/2011 05:49 PM, Maciej Fijalkowski wrote:
> We don't particularly care about fibonacci (which is the worst-case
> scenario here, recursion works better in cases where functions are
> bigger). However there is a plan how to go about it (without
> reimplementing the JIT). It's even relatively simple. It's just that
> fibonacci wasn't our major goal, but it does pop up every now and then
> :-) And yes, it'll be reusable in other interpreters without trouble.
>
> PS. Why "catching up on language" would make things slower btw?
>
> Cheers,
> fijal

Yeah, I knew that Fibonacci will suck big time. The binary-trees from
shootout works quite well and I don't care too much about Fibonacci and
the likes either as long as more real-world things work better.

About PS: it's just a bad feeling - we have most of the crazy things in
place so maybe it won't be that bad after all. To my knowledge, there's
nothing yet to be added which will break the performance, but you can
never be 100% sure.

--
asuhan