[pypy-dev] setpgrp and getpgrp platform:errors

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Thu Jun 9 07:11:15 CEST 2011

Hi Da_Blitz,

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Da_Blitz <pypy at pocketnix.org> wrote:
> according to the man page on linux (debian) there are 2 calling
> conventions, the System V and the BSD the os.setpgrp and os.getpgrp do
> not appear to take arguments

Yes, it's done for the BSD.  According to my Linux manpage and to the
CPython source code, getpgrp() and setpgrp() take arguments in their
BSD version.  So the original code that you changed works fine; I
think it's just that people are getting scared about the errors
printed in red.

/me disables logging these errors -- they are not even warnings.